Get hands-on support for your application
We’re here to support you in your journey to solar.
By going solar, you are locking in low predictable energy costs while utility rates continue to rise. If you’ve ever thought about generating your own power, now is the time to do it. Several energy companies ready to help foot the bill for you switching to solar. The southern portions of the prairie provinces have the best solar energy potential in Canada – take advantage! Plus the federal government will help foot the bill for your installation.
Greener Homes Grants Fund
Grants of up to $5,000 are available to help homeowners make energy efficient retrofits to their homes. EnerGuide evaluations, which is a requirement for your retrofit, are also funded up to $600. In addition to homeowners, Indigenous governments or organizations can also apply. Don’t delay! There are a limited number of grants to be distributed.
For those who have been considering solar for their home, this is a great time to take the next step in the process.
The Federal government is also providing interest free loans of up to $40,000 for homeowners and landlords who undertake retrofits identified through an authorized EnerGuide energy assessment.
- Interest free loans of up to $40,000
- Helps homeowners complete deep home retrofits
- Launched in summer 2021
Green and Inclusive Community Buildings program
- Projects that will achieve at least 25% in energy efficiency improvements compared to the baseline are more likely to be selected for funding
- Applications for projects under $3 million are being accepted through a continuous intake stream.
- These small-medium sized projects are evaluated on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Read our blog or download the one-pager for more information about who is eligible and how to apply.
Federal Tax Incentive for Clean Energy Equipment
The Government of Canada makes solar projects easier to undertake by providing business income tax incentives. Businesses can also use a federal tax incentive to fully expense clean energy generation and energy efficiency equipment.
- This means a CCA rate of 100% and the abolishment of the first-year rule
- Contact our solar advisors to learn more
Manitoba Solar Incentives, Residential and Agricultural
The Residential Earth Power Loan is for those making energy efficiency upgrades to their home, including solar photovoltaic systems. Our team is the first to know when new rebates or incentive programs are announced – contact us today and we’ll reach out when a new program that could impact you is announced.
- As utility bills continue to rise every year, your one-time investment in solar panels will mean that you will no longer have to pay monthly electricity bills.
- Within your first 20 years of using solar power, your savings can amount to at least $30,000.
- The installation of residential solar panels can also increase the value of your property by as much as $20,000. Adding to the value of your home, your investment can be paid off if you decide to sell.
- If you do decide to sell, that essentially makes your solar install and power consumption free!
Financing and leasing options are available
Speak with an advisor
We’re here to show you what’s possible
Speak with our Energy Advisors for more information about installing this groundbreaking technology.