Get hands-on support for your application
We’re here to support you in your journey to solar.
By going solar, you are locking in low predictable energy costs while utility rates continue to rise. If you’ve ever thought about generating your own power, now is the time to do it. Several energy companies ready to help foot the bill for you switching to solar. The southern portions of the prairie provinces have the best solar energy potential in Canada – take advantage! Plus the federal government will help foot the bill for your installation.
Federal Government Initiatives
Greener Homes Grants Fund
For those who have been considering solar for their home, this is a great time to take the next step in the process.
- Interest free loans of up to $40,000
- Helps homeowners complete deep home retrofits
- Launched in summer 2021
Green and Inclusive Community Buildings program
- Projects that will achieve at least 25% in energy efficiency improvements compared to the baseline are more likely to be selected for funding
- Applications for projects under $3 million are being accepted through a continuous intake stream.
- These small-medium sized projects are evaluated on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Federal Tax Incentive for Clean Energy Equipment
The Government of Canada makes solar projects easier to undertake by providing business income tax incentives. Businesses can also use a federal tax incentive to fully expense clean energy generation and energy efficiency equipment.
- This means a CCA rate of 100% and the abolishment of the first-year rule
- Contact our solar advisors to learn more
City of Edmonton Solar Program
The City of Edmonton has introduced a Change Homes For Climate – Solar Program to help with the installation of solar systems on homes to produce renewable energy.
- Offering $0.40/watt towards the cost of the system
- This is roughly 15% of the cost of going solar!
Alberta Solar Incentives
- Alberta Co-Operative Energy, ACE Green Generator Program , $1.85/kWh for power exported to the grid
- Town of Banff, Solar PV Production Incentive, Production based top-up
- Brazeau County Residents, Brazeau County Municipal Energy Efficiency Rebate Program, Rebate of $0.75/Watt up to a maximum of $10,000
- ATCO Electric
- Fortis Alberta
- Medicine Hat Electric Utility
Financing and leasing options are available
Speak with an advisor
We’re here to show you what’s possible
Speak with our Energy Advisors for more information about installing this groundbreaking technology.